PLEASE GET THIS MESSAGE TO STATE GOVERNMENT LEADERS:
CT Arts Matter!
- The CT FY18 & FY19 budgets MUST INCLUDE funding for the ARTS COMMISSION (the Connecticut Office of the Arts).
Without this funding, Connecticut will:
- lose valued Federal Matching Funds
- lose much needed state revenue
We ask that you:
- Fund the State “Arts Commission” line (Connecticut Office of the Arts) which leverages vital Federal NEA (National Endowment for the Arts) matching funds.
- Support maintaining total arts funding of $5,183,087 (less than 0.02% of the proposed budget)
And keep in mind:
- For every State dollar invested in the Arts, $7 in state revenue is generated. The arts are good for Connecticut’s economy!
- The arts sector employed over 57,000 people in the arts and cultural industries in 2014, which represented 3.4% of all employment in the state. The arts industry led utilities and transportation in both compensation and employment.
Thank you for your consideration!
More information on the advocacy positions of the Connecticut Arts Alliance is on the
CAA website HERE
More information about the impact of the arts on the economy is on the
Connecticut Office of the Arts website HERE
Please email or call 4 or more of those listed below:
AND LEGISLATIVE LEADERSHIP
Sen. Len Fasano Len.Fasano@cga.ct.gov 860-240-8871
Sen. Martin Looney Looney@senatedems.ct.gov 860-240-0375
Sen. Paul Formica firstname.lastname@example.org 860-240-8371
Sen. Cathy Osten Catherine.Osten@cga.ct.gov 860-240-0579
Rep. Toni Walker email@example.com 860-240-8585
Sen. Joan Hartley firstname.lastname@example.org 860-240-0006
Sen. Craig Miner Craig.Miner@cga.ct.gov 860-240-8816
Rep. Henry Genga email@example.com 860-240-8585
Rep. Ezequiel Santiago firstname.lastname@example.org 860-240-8585
Rep. Chris Soto Chris.Soto@cga.ct.gov 860-240-8585
Rep. Melissa Ziobron Melissa.Ziobron@housegop.ct.gov 860-240-8700