We are currently accepting nominations
from the state-wide dance community for …
* The Distinguished Achievement in Dance Award
* The Jill Henderson Award for Outstanding Services and
Dedication to the Dance Community as a Volunteer
1. Distinguished Achievement in Dance Award
We know that there are many dancers, dance teachers, choreographers, dance company directors, dance presenters and dance organizers out there who deserve this very special recognition. Please consider your brilliant “techies” who quietly, in the background, do a brilliant job e.g. your lighting designers, set and costume designers, and dance video artists. And in addition, give thought to your dance writers; those people who have consistently supported dance through their featured articles and reviews.
You can nominate a person, organization or event up to SEPTEMBER 4, 2018. When all the nominations are in, the CDA Board of Directors will meet to vote on this year’s awardee(s).
Our criteria for successful nominees are as follows.
Nominees should have:
* at least two decades in the professional activity for which the person is being nominated at least five of which should have been in Connecticut
* made an outstanding contribution in teaching,performing,promoting dance, designing and/or “teching” for dance, or writing about dance
* a legacy of their work is likely to continue to affect the CT dance scene in recognizable ways after their lifetime
* have had a transformative effect on more than one of the following:
ii) individual dancers (in terms of teaching them or promoting them)
iii) a dance ensemble (as artistic, executive or technical director
iv) the public (perhaps by reviewing and writing articles)
v) the prosperity of our dance scene, perhaps by raising funds
2. The Jill Henderson Award for Outstanding Services & Dedication to the Dance Community
All of you have wonderful volunteers within your organizations who consistently
give their time and expertise with remarkable generosity.
Criteria for successful nominees for the Volunteer Award:
* This award will be given annually to an individual who has given a significant contribution of their time, talents and service within the Connecticut dance community.
* Efforts by a nominee can be for any one organization or multiple organizations in the state of Connecticut and must align with the mission statement of the Connecticut Dance Alliance to increase the public’s awareness of dance in all its forms and serve the needs of the state-wide dance community.
To make a nomination for either award, please email a letter of recommendation stating the name of
the person you would like to nominate including an explanation of why you feel this person deserves the award; include contact information for the nominee and the name and contact information of the person/s submitting the nomination.
For the Distinguished Achievement Award, also include your nominee’s resume with your letter of recommendation by SEPTEMBER 4, 2018
Final decisions on awardees are made by vote of the Board of Directors of the Connecticut Dance Alliance.
or mail it to:
Connecticut Dance Alliance
City Arts on Pearl
233 Pearl St. #6
Hartford, CT 06103