Guidelines and application materials for three National Endowment for the Arts funding categories— Art Works, Challenge America, and Creative Writing Fellowships — are available! The National Endowment for the Arts supports projects in any part of the nation’s 50 states, the District of Columbia, and U.S. territories.
The FY 2020 Art Works and Challenge America programs support projects taking place beginning in 2020. The Art Works category is encouraging artistically excellent projects that address any of the following activities below:
- Honor the 2020 centennial of women’s voting rights in the United States.
- Engage with Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Hispanic or Latino organizations; or the Native American, Alaskan Native, and Native Hawaiian arts.
- Celebrate America’s creativity and cultural heritage.
- Invite a dialogue that fosters a mutual respect for the diverse beliefs and values of all persons and groups.
- Enrich our humanity by broadening our understanding of ourselves as individuals and as a society.
In addition, guidelines for FY 2020 Creative Writing Fellowships: Prose are posted for application by published creative writers.
Questions about these guidelines or your application? Please use the list on the NEA’s website to determine your appropriate staff contact.
DATES AND DEADLINES
Art WorksApplication Deadlines: February 14 & July 11, 2019A guidelines workshop webinar is scheduled for January 9, 2019 at 3:00 pm ET. Click here to register.
Challenge AmericaApplication Deadline: April 11, 2019A guidelines workshop webinar is scheduled for February 27, 2019 at 3:00 pm ET. Click here to register.
An additional webinar will be offered on January 10, 2019 at 3:00 pm ET for previous Challenge America applicants interested in applying for Art Works. Click here to register. NOTE: An organization may not apply to both the Art Works AND the Challenge America categories.
Creative Writing Fellowships: ProseApplication Deadline: March 6, 2019