Good to Great Program Goals:
- To fund projects/capital improvement that link art, history and tourism to enhance and transform the resident/visitor experiences of cultural and historical sites.
- To support projects that look beyond basic facilities repair or expansion towards new means of telling the stories of our cultural sites in engaging, meaningful, and relevant ways.
- To encourage collaborative projects which demonstrate a clear vision of how individual sites and organizations can effectively tie together local, regional or statewide cultural assets.
- To expand opportunities for small to medium sized 501(c)3 cultural organizations which have received limited state funding support in the recent past.
- To support organizations that promote the science, art, culture, and/or history of Connecticut.
Applicants to this program must be 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations that currently own or sponsor substantial programming at historic sites (properties listed in the State or National Register of Historic Places) or cultural sites (art museums, history/cultural museums or centers on non-historic sites, public art installations, science centers, and aquariums). Municipalities are ineligible applicants for this program. Priority for funding will be to small-to-medium sized nonprofit organizations with a three-year average annual income of $500,000 or less.
Application Due Date: Friday, July 10, 2015