A Welcome Call to Artists
The Farmington Libraries are calling for artists to submit for our winter gallery show, running from February through March 2016. The show will kick off with an opening gala with the artists present. To apply, please submit four images and include a list that identifies each image by number, title, size, and medium. Each artist is limited to four pieces; the selection process requires viewing the four items proposed for display. These images can be submitted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or can be put on a flash drive and mailed to the libraries. Images must not exceed 1 MB in size and must be in JPEG format. Do not send original artwork.
Terms and Conditions for the Sale of Artwork
Checks for purchase of artwork, including CT sales tax (6.35%), shall be made out to the Farmington Libraries. If the artwork is sold, 20% of the sale price will be donated to the Farmington Libraries and 80% of the sale price will be remitted to the artist by check from the Farmington Libraries. The Farmington Libraries will retain and remit the sales tax. As a not-for-profit organization, the Farmington Libraries provide the artists with an opportunity to exhibit but do not assume the role of agent or representative.
• All work must be for sale, be framed and wired for hanging.
• All work will be juried with no guarantees. Decisions by the jury are final.
• All submissions of work and materials are the artist’s sole risk. The Farmington Libraries assume no responsibility for loss or damage during the exhibition or subsequent storage at the close of the show. Artists agree to commit accepted works for the duration of the exhibition. The Farmington Libraries reserve the right to remove or not accept any art for any reason at any time.
• Fees: There is an exhibition fee of $50.00.
• The entry of your artwork constitutes your acceptance of these terms.
• Deadline for submission is January 8, 2016.