The Connecticut Office of the Arts (COA) is seeking host organizations for its Arts Workforce Initiative (AWI). The Arts Workforce Initiative (AWI) is a paid apprenticeship program that provides Connecticut college students, emerging creatives and military veterans an opportunity to gain high-level professional work experience with non-profit arts and cultural organizations throughout the state.
A host organization must provide a hands-on and engaging learning opportunity that allows an individual to gain relevant skills and work experience in the arts.
Selected host organizations will be granted $3,750 per apprentice to be used to pay an hourly rate of $15. Selected participants work 25 hours a week for 10 weeks for the selected host organization. Participants receive payment from the host organization where their apprenticeship will take place.
To be eligible as an AWI host organization, an organization must submit an “Intent to Apply” and must be:
- a not-for-profit Connecticut arts/cultural organization;
- able to provide an professional opportunity within the following categories: arts administration, arts presenting/curating, media arts, performing arts, visual arts, arts education and literary arts;
- able to provide a hands-on and engaging learning opportunity that allows an individual to gain relevant skills and work experience;
- in alignment with and display an understanding of COA’s READI framework;
- able to accommodate an apprentice(s) between June 1, 2020 – September 30, 2020;
- committed to ensuring that the apprentice(s) complete(s) the required 250 hours;
- able to provide a dedicated work space; and
- able to pay an individual as a contractor.
Deadline to submit an Intent to Apply is Friday, February 28, 2020.