Have you already submitted your book for the 2020 Connecticut Book Awards? If yes, hurray! And thank you. If you haven’t, why not!? If you have a friend, colleague or client with a book published in 2019, please let them know about the awards!
The mission of the Connecticut Center for the Book is to promote the written and spoken word throughout the state and the Connecticut Book Awards recognize and honor those authors and illustrators who have created the best books in or about our state. The Center is Connecticut’s affiliate of the Center for the Book in the Library of Congress.
- Deadline: Submissions must be made by 5:00 p.m. on April 17, 2020.
- Finalists will be announced in September 2020.
- Winners will be announced at an awards ceremony in October 2020. Final date to be determined.
- Authors and illustrators must currently reside in Connecticut and must have lived in the state at least three consecutive years or have been born in the state. Alternatively, the work may be substantially set in Connecticut.
- Titles must have been published for the first time between January 1, 2019 and December 31, 2019 or have a copyright within 2019.
- All submitted books must have a valid ISBN.
- Anthologies are acceptable. Author(s) must currently reside in Connecticut and must have lived in the state at least three consecutive years or have been born in the state. Alternatively, the works must be substantially set in Connecticut.
- Books by deceased authors will be accepted only if the author was still living at the beginning of the eligibility year (January 1, 2019).