The Edward Waldo Homestead is a vernacular saltbox house on Waldo Road in Scotland. It was built in 1715, by Edward Waldo, on land along the Shetucket River. He had purchased it in 1702. The house, which later had two wings added, remained in the Waldo family until 1971. Daniel Wa5ldo, who was born in the house in 1762, served as a Chaplain of the House of Representatives from 1856 until his death in 1864. Also born in the house was Samuel Lovett Waldo (1783-1861), portraitist, art critic, and a founder member of the National Academy of Design. When its last owner, Ruth Waldo died in 1975, she bequeathed the house to the Antiquarian & Landmark Society and the surrounding fields to the Connecticut Forest and Park Association. The house is now a museum operated by the Scotland Historical Society. Each year, the surrounding fields host the Sccotland Connecticut Highland Games.