- This event has passed.
Farmington Libraries Call for Artists: PRIMARY COLORS
July 18, 2019 @ 8:00 am - July 29, 2019 @ 5:00 pm
Farmington Libraries Call for Artists
A Welcome Call to Artists
The Farmington Libraries are calling for artists to submit for our summer/fall curated art show, running from August 12 through October 11, 2019. This season, we are getting back to basics with the theme “Primary Colors.” All types of hangable media are welcome. We will hold a reception for the selected artists on Thursday, September 26, from 7:00 – 8:00 p.m. at the Farmington Main Library, located at 6 Monteith Drive.
To apply, please submit up to four images and include a list that identifies each image by title, medium, and price. Each artist is limited to four pieces; the selection process requires viewing the four items proposed for display. These images can be submitted via email to: email@example.com. Do not send original artwork.
Terms and Conditions for the Sale of Artwork
Checks for purchase of artwork shall be made out to the Farmington Libraries. If the artwork is sold, 20% of the sale price will be donated to the Farmington Libraries and 80% of the sale price will be remitted to the artist by check from the Farmington Libraries. The Farmington Libraries will retain and remit the sales tax. As a not-for-profit organization, the Farmington Libraries provide the artists with an opportunity to exhibit but do not assume the role of agent or representative.
- All work must be for sale, be framed and wired for hanging.
- All work will be juried with no guarantees. Decisions by the jury are final.
- All submissions of work and materials are the artist’s sole risk. The Farmington Libraries assume no responsibility for loss or damage during the exhibition or subsequent storage at the close of the show. Artists agree to commit accepted works for the duration of the exhibition. The Farmington Libraries reserve the right to remove or not accept any art for any reason at any time.
- There is an exhibition fee of $50.00.
- The entry of your artwork constitutes your acceptance of these terms.
- Deadline for submission: July 29, 2019.